"It´s offensive to demand for Wenger´s head"

"It´s offensive to demand for Wenger´s head"
Roy Hodgson has again lept to the defence of Arsene Wenger ahead of our clash later this afternoon. The ex-Liverpool manager who was sacked after just six months cannot understand how some people are asking for the head of our manager, who has led the club to Top 4 finishes for fifteen consecutive years.

Hodgson said of those asking for Wenger to go: "I don’t subscribe to that view. Not only do I not subscribe to it, I find it offensive that it should even be suggested.

If I had been an Arsenal fan, watching the teams he has put out over the past six or seven years, I would be very happy with what I had seen.

“He seems to lose a team then build another.  Lose Ian Wright? No problem, here is Thierry Henry. Lose Henry? No problem, here is van Persie.

My admiration for people like Arsene Wenger  is immense - they do it for so long, yet still  they have exactly the same enthusiasm, intensity and desire.

They still put themselves in the bear pit every week. And the thing is they could have packed it in and enjoyed legendary status years ago.”

It is refreshing to know that there are people like Hodgson in the game as opposed to the utter crass we get usually from the likes of Savage and Pulis. Let us just hope we win tonight because I have a feeling we will be absolutely slaughtered in the media if we don´t!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...