Sneijder Wouldn't turn down Manchester United

Sneijder Wouldn't turn down Manchester United
Reports that Manchester United had bid close to £25 million for Wesley Sneijder in the summer, Sir Alex Ferguson dismissed as rubbish. He said that Sneijder hadn't turned United down, because they hadn't even made an approach. But no doubt, Ferguson was interested.
His nose would have been pressed up against the shop window, and as he checked his pockets for money, he would have found a few buttons, a couple of chewing gum wrappers and a note from the Glazers reminding him that Manchester United were in billions of pounds of debt. He couldn't enter that shop.

But maybe, sometime in the future, the United manager will have his pocket money increased, and maybe then he can enter the shop instead of browsing on the outside. After what Wesley Sneijder said today, it seems that if Ferguson were to pay the money, the Dutchman would jump at the chance of joining United.

"If somebody asks me if I will ever play for Manchester United, it's impossible for me to say no," Sneijder told the Daily Star Sunday.
"How can you say that if the chance came you would not play for one of the biggest clubs in the world? I don't think there is any player in the world who could publicly rule out ever playing for Manchester United, and if they did I would doubt they were telling the truth."
"The Premier League, in terms of top clubs, is the strongest in the world, and it would be nice to finish my career saying I have played at the very top in Spain, Italy, and England. There is not many who can say they have done that, and if that does happen for me I would only want it to be with Manchester United."
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...